Treetops Hospice Care provides nursing care and emotional support for anyone affected by a life-limiting illness or those who’ve been bereaved in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire,
Treetops, a registered charity, supports people with illnesses such as cancer, motor neurone disease and multiple sclerosis. It also supports their carers and families. All services are provided free of charge.
The hospice has to raise more than £4.3 million every year to run – c. £12,000 per day. 70% of this comes from charitable donations and fundraising events.
Our hospice services include:
- Confidential Support and Information from diagnosis onwards
- A range of Wellbeing services aimed at supporting patients to maintain their quality of life and enhance capacity to care for themselves
- Hospice at Home Service for patients at the end of life – nurses can sit with patients at home during the day or overnight whilst carers rest
- Counselling and Emotional Support for adults diagnosed with a life-limiting illness or children, adults and families who’ve been bereaved
- Art therapy and Complementary Therapy
Our future plans:
Currently there are no independent hospice beds in Southern Derbyshire and Southern Nottinghamshire. This means patients who are unable to stay at home are dying in a nursing home or acute hospital ward. Our vision is to build a 12-bedded facility in the grounds of Treetops to champion the importance of individual choice, alongside fair and fluid access to compassionate, co-ordinated, community-based care.